Internship Opportunity: Silk Road Studies Program (Fluency in Russian or Turkish) August/September, 2017 – January, 2018
ISDP is seeking an intern with particular experience in Central Asia, Russia and/or Turkey for the duration of four to five months during the fall semester of 2017. The intern will work closely with the Silk Road Studies Program.
- Assist senior staff members in program activities
- Conduct research, news gathering and reporting for senior staff members
- Assist with the Guest Researcher Program
- Assist in the every day-to-day work at ISDP
Qualifications and Competences
- Undergraduate degree in social sciences, economics, area studies or law
- Fluency in spoken and written Russian and English; and/or Turkish and English
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Excellent coordination and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and work in an international team
- Knowledge about the Central Asian region, Russia or Turkey
Send your CV, motivation letter and a written sample (all documents should be in English) to Lisa Bäckman at firstname.lastname@example.org before April 3rd, 2017. A written sample can be a university paper you have written in English. It should be minimum 2 and maximum 4 pages. An excerpt from a longer paper you have written is also accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview either in person or over phone.
Due to the high number of internship applications we regret that we may not respond to all requests.
Please note that all internship positions at ISDP are unpaid and that we are unable to admit interns over summer and winter holidays.
The Institute for Security & Development Policy
The Institute for Security and Development Policy is a Stockholm-based independent and non-profit research and policy institute. The Institute is dedicated to expanding understanding of international affairs, particularly the interrelationship between the issue areas of conflict, security and development. The Institute’s primary areas of geographic focus are Asia and Europe’s neighborhood. The Institute strongly believes in ethnic diversity, gender equality, and religious and political freedom and firmly stands for it in all aspects of its work.