ISDP Internship Program: Outreach Team
ISDP is looking for an Outreach/Public Relations intern for the duration of four – five months during the spring semester of 2018. The intern will work closely with the Outreach Coordinator and the Institute’s programs and projects.
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator in planning outreach and PR strategies for the Institute
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator in arranging events and seminars
- Assist in updating and creating content for the Institute’s website and social media pages
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator in layout & photography
- Assist in the everyday work at ISDP
Qualifications and Competences
- Undergraduate degree (or close to completing a degree) in media and communication or equivalent
- Excellent coordination and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and work in an international team
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Previous experience in outreach and promotional work is an advantage but not a requirement
- Experience in video editing and layout in InDesign an advantage but not a requirement
To apply, submit the following documents by November 5th, 2017, by sending an email to Lisa Bäckman on firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents should be in English and in PDF format.
- Motivation letter
- A 2-4-page written sample in English. The sample could be a university paper or similar text. Excerpts from longer papers are also accepted.
State clearly which position(s) in the ISDP Internship Program you apply for. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview either in person or over the phone. Due to the high number of internship applications we regret that we may not respond to all requests.
Please note that all internship positions at ISDP are full-time, unpaid and that we are unable to admit interns over summer and winter holidays.
The Institute for Security & Development Policy
The Institute for Security and Development Policy is a Stockholm-based independent and non-profit research and policy institute. The Institute is dedicated to expanding understanding of international affairs, particularly the interrelationship between the issue areas of conflict, security and development. The Institute’s primary areas of geographic focus are Asia and Europe’s neighborhood. The Institute strongly believes in ethnic diversity, gender equality, and religious and political freedom and firmly stands for it in all aspects of its work.