ISDP Internship Program: Turkey Center
Are you looking for work experience in the field of international security and development? Do you have a particular interest in Turkey? Then you might be our next intern!
The Institute for Security and Development Policy is a Stockholm-based independent and non-profit research and policy institute. The Institute is dedicated to expanding understanding of international affairs, particularly the interrelationship between the issue areas of conflict, security and development. The Institute’s primary areas of geographic focus are Asia and Europe’s neighborhood. ISDP strongly believes in ethnic diversity, gender equality, and religious and political freedom and firmly stands for it in all aspects of its work.
The Turkey Center of the Central Asia-Caucasus Institute & Silk Road Studies Joint Center aims to function as a nexus for expertise, knowledge and information on Turkish politics, society, and foreign relations. The Center publishes the Turkey Analyst, an online journal, as well as longer papers and books, and arranges seminars and conferences.
- Conduct research for senior staff members
- Assist in the coordination of center activities, such as seminars, conferences, and meetings.
- Contribute to ISDP’s publications series
- News gathering and reporting
- Support the everyday work at ISDP
- Undergraduate degree (or close to completing a degree) in social sciences, economics, area studies or law
Qualifications and Competences
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Interest in Turkey
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Excellent coordination and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and work in an international team
- Knowledge of Turkish is desired, but not a requirement.
To apply, submit the following documents by November 5th, 2017, by sending an email to Lisa Bäckman on email@example.com. All documents should be in English and in PDF format.
- Motivation letter
- A 2-4-page written sample in English. The sample could be a university paper or similar text. Excerpts from longer papers are also accepted.
State clearly which position(s) in the ISDP Internship Program you apply for. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview either in person or over the phone. Due to the high number of internship applications we regret that we may not respond to all requests.
Please note that all internship positions at ISDP are full time, unpaid and that we are unable to admit interns over summer and winter holidays.