ISDP Korea Resources: Second Trump-Kim Summit – What Was and What Happens Next?
A focus of global attention, President Trump’s second summit with Chairman Kim Jong Un took place in Hanoi, Vietnam, on February 27-28. However, after a year of remarkable diplomatic rapprochement on the Korean Peninsula, there seems to have been a setback in relations. With no agreement made between the two sides significant questions remain. Where does this leave negotiations? Has this damaged inter-Korean relations?
ISDP’s Korea Center has long been engaged in analyzing the complex and protracted nuclear negotiations on the Korean Peninsula. To contextualize the wider issue at hand we have provided some resources to guide our readers through the key issues and positions.
– Get our take on the lack of outcomes from the the Hanoi summit in our Q&A roundup here.
– If you are keen to dive deeper into the history of nuclear negotiations, read our handy backgrounder here
– The day after the summit, March 1, ISDP held a forum discussing its outcomes. A summary and video will be uploaded on our website shortly.
– Want to read more of our publications on Korea? Browse through some of our previous work here.
– Finally, if you are a journalist and looking to contact one of our experts for interviews, please contact Erik Isaksson, Outreach Coordinator, at email@example.com.