Opening for Project Coordinator at ISDP’s Korea Center
The Institute for Security and Development Policy (ISDP) is looking for a full-time Project Coordinator to work with the Institute’s Korea Center at its main office in
ISDP is a Stockholm-based independent, non-profit, research and policy institute, dedicated to expanding the understanding of international affairs, particularly the interrelationship between conflict, security and development. The Institute’s primary areas of geographic focus are Asia and Europe’s neighborhood. ISDP has two constituent parts: The Silk Road Studies Program and the Asia Program.
- Overseeing and editing ISDP Korea Center publications
- Conducting research on the Korean Peninsula and the Northeast Asian region
- Writing research papers, analysis, reports, and memos
- Assisting with the management of the Visiting Fellows program
- Organizing ISDP Korea Center events and dialogues
- Project monitoring, evaluation, and assisting with fundraising
- Contributing to the strategic vision of the Center’s activities
- Liaising and coordinating closely with the Head of Center and other staff
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Asia studies, Peace and Conflict studies, or related field.
- Demonstrable research ability and interest in Korea and East Asia
- Strong proficiency in English (native-level preferable); Korean desirable but not essential
- Exemplary writing and editing skills
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Strong cross-cultural and interpersonal skills in conflict-sensitive settings
- Good team-player but also adept at working independently
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter, as well as a sample of their writing by August 14 to email@example.com with “Application for Project Coordinator” in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview so if you have not heard back from us by August 17, 2020, then please assume that we will have moved onto the next stage of the process with other candidates. The desired start date for this position is from the beginning of September.
If there are any questions related to the position, please contact the Head of the ISDP Korea Center, Dr. Sangsoo Lee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.