Recording available: Pivotal States, Minilateralism, and Indo-Pacific: Positioning India & South Korea
July 7, 2023: The recording of the webinar “Pivotal States, Minilateralism, and Indo-Pacific: Positioning India & South Korea” is now available on ISDP’s YouTube channel.
This webinar (supported by the Korea Foundation) aimed to position India and South Korea through the debate of the pivotal state. In particular, it aimed to address the following:
- How critical are the pivotal states for the security of the Indo-Pacific?
- How do pivotal states perceive a mini-lateral mode of cooperation in the Indo-Pacific?
- Do they perceive mini-lateral cooperation ahead of multilateral cooperation, or vice-versa?
- What do the pivotal states mean in South Korean and Indian foreign policy approaches?
- Do they (South Korea & India) qualify to be called pivotal states?
- How could South Korea and India strengthen their existing strategic partnership within the ambit of Global Pivotal States (GPS) and the Global South proposition?