Opening for Outreach Coordinator at ISDP
The Institute for Security and Development Policy (ISDP) is a Stockholm-based independent and non-profit research and policy organization. The Institute is dedicated to expanding the understanding of international affairs, particularly the interrelationship between conflict, security, and development. ISDP has two permanent programs: The Asia Program and the Silk Road Studies Program.
We seek a full-time Outreach Coordinator based in Stockholm to work closely with researchers and administrative staff in overseeing and implementing the Institute’s communication and outreach activities. The position entails supporting ISDP’s projects in initiating events, conferences, and seminars as well as taking primary responsibility for their logistical organizing; managing and producing content for the Institute’s social media accounts and email lists; liaising with external partners; developing short and long-term outreach and public relations strategies.
The Outreach Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating the Institute’s Visiting Fellows and Internship programs, as well as managing the Institute’s website. The overarching aim of the position is to expand the Institute’s visibility and promote its general reputation. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work independently, be flexible, and adapt to a fast-paced and cross-cultural working environment.
Please note that this position entails support and communication of ISDP’s research findings, rather than direct involvement in the research process. The position ideally suits a fresh graduate or junior executive with the ability to make an impact in a small geopolitical policy organization for a competitive salary.
- A higher education degree in the social sciences, international relations, communication, marketing, or other related field.
- Fluency in both Swedish and English.
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Strong logistical ability to organize events and seminars.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Solid knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Familiarity with using media monitoring tools, such as Google analytics.
- A team player with an ability to coordinate effectively with co-workers and external researchers.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key people and organizations.
- Able to respond to instructions but also take the initiative in developing ISDP’s outreach strategies.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite, such as Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, or other visual design tools/video editing software.
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, Mailchimp, and virtual meeting/event platforms.
- Experience in coordinating and managing effective marketing/communication campaigns through various channels.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV, along with a salary expectation by August 1, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line. All questions should be directed to email@example.com.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis. It is desired that the selected candidate would start as soon as possible.