The Party Congress Concluded: A New Era for China and the World?
Monday 30 October 2017 / 14:00 - 16:00 / Coffee and pastry served from 13.30
Stockholm Citykonferensen, Ingenjörshuset. Malmskillnadsgatan 46, 11184 Stockholm. Click here for a map
RSVP Register here
Video and Summary
The 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (NCCPC) is ongoing and President Xi Jinping will remain in office for another term. The Congress takes place at a time of great uncertainty in the region, with many challenges in the fields of security, trade, and domestic politics.
What are the major outcomes of the Congress, and what do they mean for China, the region, and the world? ISDP invites you to a panel discussion between experts on China from the European academic and policy research community. Ambassador of China to Sweden Gui Congyou will hold a Keynote speech.
- Amb. Gui Congyou, Ambassador of China to Sweden
- Dr. Oskar Almén, Researcher at Uppsala University’s Department of Government
- Dr. Lora Saalman, Director of the China and Global Security Programme at the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
- Mr. Junfeng Li, Councellor at the Embassy of China in Sweden
- Ms. Kristina Sandklef, CEO of Sandklef Asia Insights and independent China analyst
The forum will be moderated by Amb. Per Eklund, Senior Fellow and Member of the Board of ISDP.